Whether you are a member of the society or not, the Society takes all complaints about itself, its officers, services or goods very seriously and aims to seek resolution of all complaints at the earliest possible opportunity. In the unlikely event you have a complaint about the Society, its services, goods or how you have been dealt with please follow the following the procedures.

In the first instance please attempt to seek local resolution. You should raise your complaint with the person(s) you originally dealt with, supply them with sufficient information to review your complaint but please remember all officials of the society are volunteers so please allow adequate time for a response.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of local resolution then you will need to follow the following processes:

  1. Please submit your complaint by e-mail or letter to the Secretary, detailing the reasons for your complaint. This can be e-mailed to: The Secretary or sent to: Complaints, C/O The Secretary, BCSS, c/o 32 Bellars Lane, Malvern, Worcs, WR14 2DL
  2. The Secretary will acknowledge the complaint either by e-mail or by letter, and refer the complaint to a responsible officer who will be identified in the letter or e-mail, and will be the person charged with investigating the complaint.
  3. The responsible officer will deal with the complaint in the manner they consider most appropriate, having regard to any appropriate policies and procedures. This will include having an open mind, ensuring that Society officials involved have adequate opportunities to explain their position, and seeking any further information from the complainant that they may need.
  4. On completion of their investigation the responsible officer will send their decision to you by e-mail or letter and keep a record of their decision on file. Normally this should take no more than 30 working days from receipt of the complaint. The responsible officer will keep you informed should any delays occur.
  5. If you are unhappy with the decision of the responsible officer then you may send in an appeal, this can be emailed to: The Secretary or sent to: Complaints, C/O The Secretary, BCSS, c/o 32 Bellars Lane, Malvern, Worcs, WR14 2DL. Any appeal will be dealt with by a senior officer of the Society.